Do you enjoy herbal teas produced with organic materials? How about when they’re packaged in a sustainable manner? Awesome. If only such a thing existed in your hometown. If you live in Philadelphia then you’re in luck. Bolted from the Blue is a new company out of West Philadelphia. They produce handmade natural beauty products and herbal teas.
Herbal Teas by West Philly Entrepreneurs
Allison Polans, Meg Moyer, and Rachel Fogletto chow down on some citrus macaroon bars while sipping on herbal teas. Allison and Meg discuss the herbal teas they brought along and let us sample. The gang also chats about the statute of limitations on spoilers, then they go on a spoil rampage by ruining classic movies like The Six Sense and Scream.
Meet the Guests
Here’s the rundown on the guests featured on this episode.
Allison specializes in healing aliments, preventative health, herbs/vitamins, allergy-friendly foods and creations. We can personally attest to the fact that she makes a mean citrus macaroon bar. Check out the beauty products and herbal teas from her company Bolted from the Blue.
Meg is an all around renaissance lady. She specializing in handmade natural beauty products, special event coordinating, handmade one of a kind items, and whole food living. If the teas on this episode sounded tasty, head over to Bolted from the Blue.
The brains behind the super successful Comedy-Gasm, Rachel Fogletto is one of the top comedic talents in Philly. She can be seen as a featured act on many live shows. Keep track of her upcoming projects and appearances on her website, or follow Rachel on Twitter.
Eat the Food
Did that dish sound dee-lish? Below is an approximate recipe how to make that jawn.
Citrus Macaroon Bars
Prep Time: Hopefully not too long
Tools: Food Processor for sure, but probably other stuff
Cook Time: No need to cook. Just set, forget, then eventually eat
- 6 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- substitute with unsweetened shredded coconut
- substitute sweetened coconut if you eat granulated sugar from the bag
- 1.5 cups 100% pure grade B maple syrup
- 3/4 cup unrefined coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp. of your favorite brand of pure vanilla extract (we like Singing Dog)
- 1/2 +1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Zest of one small Valencia Orange and One Small Meyer Lemon
- Add all ingredients (save some of the zests for later) to a food processor and pulse until combined. Do not puree or you’ll get mush. Do the pulsing in multiple batches if you don’t have an industrial-sized food processor.
- Press the final mixture into an 8 x 8 brownie pan. Ideally you want the thickness of the pan, and the final product, to be the thickness of a lemon bar. Sprinkle the final zest on top. Chill in your fridge until ready to serve.
Ta-da! Probably the easiest jawn to make thus far. If you want to sip on those delicious herbal teas we had, then head over to Bolted from the Blue and pick up some for yourself.
Come back next week for another hilarious episode and bangin’ recipe.